Essence Colour & Go Nail Polishes

I love to try new nail polishes and these new colours from Essence’s Colour & Go collection have not disappointed! I couldn’t pass up these beautiful colours at the affordable price of R27 each (Clicks & Dischem). I’ll admit the packaging isn’t as pretty as say Essie’s but for almost a R100 in price difference I can forgive the packaging. I like the flat rounded brush of the polish as it makes it easy to achieve a natural curve near the cuticle. I also found the consistency of both polishes to be perfect-as in not tacky or runny but this obviously depends on the colour. Both shades only required two coats to make it completely opaque but I did find that on some nails I had to go back a third time for a completely perfect finish. It lasted the standard 3-4 days without chipping but you might be able to push this further with a proper top coat (so disappointed in my Sally Hansen No Chip).
This medium pink is called ’Free Hugs’ and it is the perfect spring/summer shade. So even though we’re veering into winter territory I can still have a glimpse of summer. I’ve been enjoying pairing this with a nude pink shade on my feet for an ombre effect.
At first I was a bit skeptical about my second colour named ‘Here’s my number’. I don’t like shimmery polishes in general and prefer something completely opaque or a chunky glitter, but  I was pleasantly surprised with this colour. It’s a great winter colour with a shimmery black as a base and a few larger silver and teal glitter particles giving a nice blue-charcoal finish. The sand effect was also evident whenever I brushed over it and even though it isn’t one I particularly like I suspect that others might enjoy this. . Removal wise it wasn’t as big a pain as I had expected. I did soak it in polish remover but didn’t have foil on hand (pun intended) and it worked quite well. It only required minimal rubbing.
All in all I will definitely be purchasing more of these Essence Colour & Go polishes as they really are value for your buck! Have you tried one of the Essence polishes? Were you as impressed as I am?


No comments:

Post a Comment