What I bought and loved: Part 1


Hi guys, so this is a new series I've been thinking about for a while. I won't follow a set schedule for this series as I just shop when I find things I like and it's usually pretty random, but I'll try to update you whenever I do find something I want to share with you.
I'm kick starting this series with a few of my favourite buys in anticipation for starting my new job. I might as well call this a Mr Price haul as the majority of items are from them. Their buyers have really been on winning streak of late. Keep up the good work! As you can see I'm really feeling the monochromatic and nude colour schemes and I've finally come around to buying a few key autumn/winter pieces.
Ankle boots are going to be major this season-think over-the-knee boots last winter, but much more practical! I have always loved Country Road shoes but the price tag is somewhat off-putting, so imagine how happy I was at finding these at Truworths.  They're a dead ringer for Country Road's Tayla Ankle Boot for less than half the price. Obviously it isn't real leather though but as it's a trendier piece I'm not bothered.
I love shell tops and this blush one from Mr Price is super flattering and surprisingly I also really like the neckline detail. It adds definition without being too OTT. The black and white trim top has one of my favourite features- a Peter Pan collar. So naturally I couldn't resist. Both were priced at R69,99 from Mr Price.
I kind of always need belts to keep my pant looking neat (the joys of being pear shaped in a world of apples) so this two-pack from MrP is great. It features a light rose gold buckle and is somewhere between a skinny and regular belt (just perfect). The nude is ideal for white or other lighter pants whilst the black is a staple for winter wardrobes. I am so glad my mother spotted this for me and at R50 it's a bargain!

Finally I also bought a very basic tapered black pants from Mr Price and a round-neck knit in melange at R180 (from Edgars) that's great for layering.


No comments:

Post a Comment